ChesPenn is a network of community health centers spanning Chester and Delaware Counties. Our mission is to provide quality, integrated, and culturally sensitive medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare to adults and children regardless of their income, insurance status, or ability to pay.
Simply put, our goal is provide a healthcare home for every person living in the communities we serve. Be part of our mission to care for your community. This is a job that will love you back!
ChesPenn Health Services is seeking an experienced, patient-focused Family Medicine Physician to provide primary care to adults and children at our Federally Qualified Health Center in Chester, PA.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine. Satisfactory completion of an approved residency program in stated specialty.
- Experience in ambulatory primary care, community health preferred.
- Unrestricted Pennsylvania medical license. Board eligibility in specialty required, Board Certification is preferred.
- DEA Certification.
- Current COVID-19 and flu vaccine required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong diagnostic and critical thinking skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, and inclusive demeanor while directly working with patients
- Understanding of trauma-informed care principles preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously as part of a health care team
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a licensed automobile preferred
- Ability to meet approved minimal physical and medical standards
Scope of responsibilities:
- Provide well care for patients as it applies to routine and screening physical examinations.
- Manage acute and chronic illnesses in an ambulatory environment.
- Perform follow-up examinations on patients referred to medical specialists.
- Educate patients in regard to health and education and the need for continued medical care.
- Work cooperatively with other professionals and paraprofessionals including registered nurses, medical technicians, medical office assistants, and medical records clerks.
- Act as supervising physician for nurse practitioners and physician assistants of the health center.
- Provide emergency telephone coverage according to rotation schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Maintain confidentiality of information about patients and their families.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor towards patients, staff, members and guests of ChesPenn
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain a high productivity level based on BPHC grant standards, with respect to the total number of patients to which professional services are rendered, annual patient encounters, and annual visits per patient.
Record-keeping / Administration:
- Maintain and update patient records appropriately in Electronic Medical Record
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with community agencies and area hospitals.
- Conduct or lead medical and community health projects as requested.
- Participate in the development of the annual medical health care plan.
- Consistently participate in continuing medical education activities.
What we offer
ChesPenn offers a dynamic, collaborative work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision care, a retirement program, life insurance, and paid time off. We participate in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. ChesPenn Health Services is an equal opportunity employer.
ChesPenn uses a web-based application portal and emailing system to correspond with applicants. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.